Friday, March 11, 2011

Wake Up with Perfectly-Styled Hair

For those of you who haven’t heard of keratin treatments, this anti-frizz service is quite popular in Brazil and has slowly made its way to the US, and to Asian countries like ours. Healthy-hair ingredients such as keratin, among others, are used to fill in hair gaps. This results in frizz-free, softer, and silkier hair locks that are boosted with that extra dose of shine. The catch? One has to set aside a whole afternoon to avail of this Keratin Smoothing Therapy Treatment, and not all ladies have the luxury of time to do so.
IMG_3390


But with this latest service called Keratin Complex Express Blowout, one only needs to stay for a minimum of two hours at the salon (from shampoo, treatment to blow dry). This newer and better hair treatment is an “express” version of the old one, making it an affordable and faster option. “It’s great for moms who need to be in and out of the bathroom in seven minutes, and who do their mascara in the car or on the train. They can also enjoy activities with their kids like going in the pool, without worrying about what their hair is going to look like,” shares hairstylist Louis Kee.
IMG_3381


The only difference is that the Smoothing Therapy will last for three months, while the Express Blowout will keep hair frizz-free for up to six weeks. One of Kee’s assistants, Gilbert Romeroso, also stressed that it is important to use shampoos and conditioners that are sulfate-free. Sulfate is considered a type of detergent that is harsh and damaging to cuticle-filled strands. Using sulfate-free hair cleansing products will also contribute to a cleaner and waste-free earth as sulfate is believed to be non-recyclable.


I've tried it myself, and I love it!  Don't associate this treatment for those with really frizzy and voluminous hair.  I have baby fine and thin hair, but it did wonders for me, too!  I woke up everyday with velvet-y smooth hair, which felt like I had blow-dried hair everyday without the harsh effects of the heat :D  It also brought out the shine, and enhanced the color of my hair, making it more vibrant.  My friends actually thought I had my hair colored.  It's perfect for busy ladies who don't have time to blow-dry or style their hair everyday.  The treatment took 2 hours (all in), and my hair was "keratin-filled" for almost two months ;)


As mentioned earlier, to make the keratin stay longer, one should use sulfate-free shampoos and conditioner.  I've been using The Body Shop's Rainforest collection:



Prices below:
IMG_3372


* Louis Kee salon is located at the ground floor of One McKinley Place, 5th Avenue corner 25th Street, The Fort, Bonifacio, Taguig. For inquiries and appointments, call 856-3388 and 856-4848. It also has a branch in 59 Connecticut St., North East, Greenhills San Juan. Telephone number: 721-4848

1 comment:

Manila Girl said...

Gosh I really want to try this, but it's so expensive given that my hair falls on the 9k and above range! And to think I'd probably have to do it all over again after 6 weeks to 2 months. Gah, the price of beauty. I'm so kuripot when it comes to my hair. I spend everything on food and fashion. :-P I'm bookmarking your post though!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin