Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Miley's All Grown Up, Too!

As promised, this isn't about Emma Watson ;P

Lately, Facebook statuses and Twitter updates on my home page have been flooded with positive feedbacks on Disney's latest Hannah Montana movie. Take note that these comments were made by adults :o But this post isn't about her movie ...

I read Elle magazine's Creative Director Joe Zee's twitter message to Miley Cyrus regarding their latest issue (August 2009). Sixteen-year-old Miley on the cover of Elle? I just had to check it out. Hmmm... I have to admit, she's a tad bit young for this. But, then again, most teens are in a hurry to grow up now. Sigh, can't you teenagers enjoy the moment?! Geez... Owkay, I'm becoming an old fuddy duddy ... to think I was the Editor-in-Chief of a tween mag some few years back :o We even had her on the cover of Pink mag, I think she was just 12 back then. From what I remember, this issue sold really well. Miley Cyrus was and is still, indeed, a hit.

But not thinking about how old she really is, I gotta hand it to Joe Zee. I love Miley's "au natural" makeup look—keeps her look young and fresh, despite the all black dominatrix get-up. And I guess, Miley's making a statement... with the cover blurb on her not being a kid anymore. After all, a 16-year-old American is different from a 16-year-old Filipina/Asian. They act and look more mature compared to their Asian counterparts. My thoughts on being a teenager do not apply to the Western world. Oh, well...

Check out what the inside pages look like below, along with a few interesting snippets from Disney's most-loved "tween" girl:

What the Style Scout thinks: I love the bright yellow body-forming dress. The high-thigh slit makes this an even sexier choice. Not Miley's look, and not fitting for her age; but I heart this dress and the big chain necklace.


On natural beauty: "I like these crooked. I love my teeth. My dad won't let me fix my teeth or cut my hair. He loves it. He's like, "It's you!" *Style Scout: I love her and her dad for this quote! So true, turn your flaws into your assets. They are what make you unique and stand out. Oh, and did you know that in Japan, women are preferred to have slightly crooked teeth? :)

On Justin Gaston, her boyfriend at the time of the interview: "We’re together, and then again, we’re not. Some people see us more as friends and don’t get why we work in a relationship. They’re like, ‘It’s weird, best friends shouldn’t date!’ But the person that you eventually spend the rest of your life with – I’m not saying it’s him – why are you going to wake up with someone every day and not want to hang out with them?” *Style Scout: So true! Of course, your best friend is your life partner/husband/wife.

About the glamorous life: "The most fun thing about prom is having that one special night when you dress up and you feel like a princess, and honestly, I get to do that one night a lot.”

What the Style Scout thinks: The photo that caused a major buzz, since a lot of opinionated bloggers thought this one is too raunchy. But, hey, this is a fashion editorial shoot. What do you expect? I, for one, am liking the whole look of this photo. From the lighting to the props. Let's just enjoy the artistic shot, shall we? :)

On her new clothing line with Max Azria for Wal-Mart: "The jeans are my favorite part of the entire line. Because, like, literally this is going to be good for, like, Middle America, and it will be great for kids that really want to be in fashion but that don’t have it available.”*Style Scout: Sigh, if only we have collaborations like these. Calling SM!

On the difficulties of being a teen star and why she's friends with other young performers:"It’s hard for all of us. There are so many people that could be using you. So me and Nick and Demi, we don’t need anything from each other. We got our own thing going on.”


Lastly, I leave you with this video clip on the behind the scenes shoot:

* Get a copy of the latest issue of Elle mag for more photos and to get to know more about the new lady Miley.

Care to share your thoughts on this not-so-tween gal? :)

4 comments:

Mariel said...

It's just sad that Miley's trying to grow up so fast :( Come on, 16? Even Hilary Duff took it slow, but still remained fashionable.

Jane Kingsu-Cheng said...

Yeah, you're only young once right? Savor every carefree moment.

Jane said...

She looks like a kid playing dress-up. Remember all the controversy following her topless shot by Annie Leibovitz? IMO she actually looked sweet and innocent in that photo. In these photos she looks like she's trying too hard.

Jane Kingsu-Cheng said...

Yep, she does, doesn't she? Things are happening too fast for her. Then again, all teenagers want to grow up and look older than they really are. Sigh!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin