Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Naked Truth on Sweet Pink Lips

I know, I know ... another post related to Emma Watson. But I promise, this will be my last on the teen actress. Not only do I love her dress, but I am also quite enamored with her pinkish nude puckers. Something about this natural-looking shade speaks of flirty innocence. Don't you agree?

Photo courtesy of Yahoo.com

Last night, I went through my box of press releases and found these new lippies that are quite similar to Emma's. Do take note that nude or light colors look best on plump or thick lips. If you have thin lips, then it's recommended that you go for more color. As for how you to pull off these nude-colored tints? Avoid looking pale and ghostly by picking shades that are more pinkish or coral, for a healthier hue. Here is my pink list:

Guerlain L'Rouge Jewel Lipstick Compact, P2350, comes with a secret mirror panel for quick touch-ups. It has powdered ruby (a natural color booster), Vitamin A that stimulates the epidermis growth, and wild mango butter that keeps skin hydrated. My choices? 4 Gentiane (rosy beige), and 6 Garance (pink beige).

Lancome Color Fever Sweet Bitten Lips, P1295, is their latest offering composed of a collection of different beige hues. Take your pick from six rich, light-infused blushed beiges (from left to right): 254 Fairly Beige, 256 Kissing Lips Peach, 258 A Little Beige Crush, 262 Pure Bitten Lips, 264 Urban Beige, 266 Brown Lust. My personal fave would be 256, simply because it has more pink undertones for a healthier-looking pout.

Shu Uemura Pink Collection Rouge Unlimited in PK323, P1350, now has pink hybrid pigments which help you achieve the purest of pinks. I've always been a fan of this Japanese brand. Their lipsticks are light enough for day wear, but strong and build-able enough for nights out.


Shiseido Smoothing Lip Pencil in (top) RD702 Anemone in soft greyish pink, and (bottom) RS303 Mauve in blushing rose. The Anemone would look better on fair-skinned ladies, while the Mauve one is perfect for those with a darker skin tone. Oh, and it comes with a lip brush which can be used to apply lipstick or gloss. For best results, apply light-colored or clear gloss.

M.A.C.'s latest collection, Colour Craft, also has a nice pinkish flesh-toned lipstick called Madly Creative—pearly pink neutral, P950. It comes in a shimmer texture for sexier glossy-looking puckers.

Bobbi Brown Lip Crayon Trio, P1650, makes for easy application. A lipstick in the form of a pencil, these crayons come in semi-matte finish, non-drying (has castor seed oil and shea butter) and can last all day. The set comes with a sharpener as well. This photo doesn't do justice to the colors; all three of them fall under the pink beige category with names such as Naked Pink, Pink Raspberry and New Sugar Blush.

Lastly, I got this tip from Style.com:
Ready to get naked? There's nothing indecent about it, at least not when it comes to a flesh-tone lip color. Instead of splurging on a new lipstick, makeup artists sometimes dab concealer over balm-coated lips using their finger. The result? Creamy nude lips! —Polly Blitzer

So, ladies, which pink nude are you eyeing? ;)

*Availability: Bobbi Brown at Rustan's; Guerlain at Rustan's; Lancome at Rustan's and Greenbelt 5; M.A.C. at Rustan's Shangri-la Plaza mall and Glorietta; Shu Uemura at all Rustan's and Greenbelt 5; Shiseido at Rustan's, most SM Department stores, Power Plant Mall, Greenbelt 5 and Glorietta.

6 comments:

Mariel said...

I love this pink-lip post! I'm now craving for the Guerlain compact!

Funny I was just planning to write about 'luscious lips' for my article this Friday. But are you doing the same also for your column? Just to be sure we don't come out with similar stories hehe :D

Jane Kingsu-Cheng said...

Thanks, Mariel :) Oh, and I'm not writing anything related to this for the weekend :D No worries, can't wait to read your column hehe :)

andrea said...

I like the light pink kissable-lips color! thanks for the information :)

This would fit my skin tone :)

Jane Kingsu-Cheng said...

Glad you enjoyed this post, Andrea! Let us know what brand and shade you got, or you're using :)

Roanne @ All the Vanity said...

I love my MAC Plushglass in Ample Pink. It gives my pucker a hint of pink with a juicy sheen. It's my perfect nude pink shade. Not only that, I also love the minty feeling it leaves after application. =D

Jane Kingsu-Cheng said...

Oooh, I love anything with a minty taste and feel. Thanks for the reco, Roanne :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin