Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Pretty Digits

I've always had a hard time growing my nails, and it's only now that I'm pregnant that I am able to have them long—probably from the pre-natal vitamins that I've been taking, or maybe because I move around less now. Either way, I'm enjoying them :)
Anyways, I did two salon reviews for HIPP magazine (a new parenting magazine with this month's cover, Chiz Escudero, in time for Father's Day. Get your copy now :D), and was inspired to put color on my digits. I was a bit hesitant at first, but I was amazingly giddy after having my nails painted. Don't worry, as me and my baby are safe from the harsh chemicals of polish. I've double-checked with dermas regarding Orly and it is quite safe for me to use. 
An important step that most of us forget (most likely because we're in a hurry) is that you have to apply a base coat.  This will protect our nails from turning yellow, and it will help them "breathe."  A base coat will help keep your nail polish intact, along with a top coat to prevent it from chipping off.  One that you should get is Orly's Top to Bottom polish (a top and base coat in one).

And for your polish, why don't you try Orly's latest girly collection, Carnivale?  Based on the vibrant energy of Brazil's famous festivals, six new and limited shades are up for grabs.  Bright shades of purple Rio Night, fuchsia Samba, and orange Chica Boom will surely prep you up for fun nights; while subdued shades of peach Festival Nights, powder pink Confetti and chameleon pink Bongo Beat are perfect for girly girls.  Priced at P319.75 each, Orly is available at all Rustan's Essences outlets, all PCX Stores, First Aid Greenbelt, Landmark-Trinoma, Watson's SM Makati, Caswell-Massey Glorietta, and Marionnaud in SM MOA.

So, ladies, what's your color? ;)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin